The Korea Transport Institute (KOTI) is a leading national think tank in Korea’s transport and logistics sector since 1986. KOTI has been implementing the "International Transport and Logistics Cooperation Project" since 2012 in order to share Korea's development knowledge and experiences in transport sector with developing countries and to cast light upon the status quo of transport system in developing countries. As a part of the project, "Regional Transport Research" aims to investigate overall status of transport and logistics in developing countries that Korean government selected as ODA priority partners. 2018 Regional Transport Research will call for proposals of transport issues mainly targeting Asian countries/cities from transport experts. Applicants should have high accessibility to local data written in local languages and understanding on local transport system and infrastructure. Through this contest with their contribution, we expect to be able to closely understand urgent transport issues in target countries/cities and make meaningful contribution to leverage Korean ODA projects around the globe. We ask for your great interest and participation
❑ Proposal Submission Period: June 14 (Thu) ~ July 1 (Sun), 2018
❑ Target Country: Any countries (Recommend excluding some countries previously studied from 2013 to 2017)
❑ Proposal contents: Describe the current status and problems of transport and logistics, the national transport plans established by the local government or the international organization, and future directions of pertinent countries or cities including contents as below.
· Background of Selecting the country/ Research purpose · Method · Scope · Composition / Table of contents and summary of each paragraph
· Current status and problems (geographical, socio-economic and transport infrastructure characteristics) / government policies and development plans
· Additional information which you might think that it is necessary (case studies, policy suggestions, etc.)
· In particular, focus on traffic statistics, systems and plans.
❑ Length: Approximately A4 10 pages (MS Word)
❑ Inquiry and Submission(email only): Ms. Hyun-Jung LEE, Research Associate. (+82-44-211-3291, firstname.lastname@example.org )
※ At the top of the your proposal, "Your name, e-mail, contact number, affiliation" must be specified.
❑ A List of Previous Regional Transport Researches (if requested, reports are provided)
◦ 2013: 'Present and Prospect of Mongolian Railway', 'Analysis on the Structure of the Japanese Railway Industry and Strategies of Overseas Business'
◦ 2014: ‘Urban Transport Issues and Improvement Plan in Vietnam (Hanoi)’, ‘Improvement Plan of Public Transportation System in Manila, Philippines’, ‘Issues and Improvements of Transport and Logistics in Mongolia’, ‘Analysis and Prospect of Transport System in Dhaka, Bangladesh'
◦ 2015: 'Regional Transport Infrastructure and Future Demand in Asia', 'Country Partnership Strategies and Projects of Asian Development Bank'
◦ 2016: 'Establishment of Seamless Eurasia Transport and Logistics Network - Collaborative Efforts and Achievements',' Issues and Implications of BRT in Developing Countries', 'Traffic Situation and Strategy to Participate Public Transportation Project in Vientiane City, Lao PDR', 'Transport Strategy in Tbilisi City, Georgia 'and' Collaborative Efforts to Build an Efficient Transport Network in Eurasia Continent '
◦ 2017: ' Transport and Logistics Development in Nepal: Challenges and Prospect’, ‘Towards a Sustainable Urban Transport in Jakarta Metropolitan Area, Indonesia: Transport Development Progress and Media Analysis’, ‘Transportation of Indonesia’, ‘Lessons learned from the experience of Indian policies towards sustainable transport systems’, ‘Features and Participation Methods of Public Transport in Yangon City, Myanmar’
❑ 2018 Regional Transport Report
○ After a research service contract is entered into by and between KOTI and the selected applicants, the selected applicants (as commissioned research service providers) will surely submit a final report as a research output. Their name will be stipulated as the authors in the publications.
- Research Period: July 9st ~ September 30th, 2018
- Research Fee: approximately USD 4,600 (including Korean Value Added Tax and remittance charges). The amount will be provided to the commissioned service providers after the participant completes research and submit a final report
- Report Length: approximately MS Word B5 100 pages
- Language: English
○ Newcomers’ proposals will prior to ones written by previous commissioned service providers and the final reports submitted to KOTI will belong to the Korea Transport Institute.
○ Proposals will be selected based on evaluation by internal and external transport experts.
- Evaluation items: Topic and objectives (selected country or city), research method (data collection & analysis), research contents, outlook, utilization
○ Items included in the table of contents (example) as below might be illustrated in your report if available.